CBD Oil For Skincare, Haircare & Skin Conditions
Most of us now know that CBD Oil is said to help with seizures, epilepsy and cancer but did you know that it also has it’s place in the health and beauty industry? That’s right! CBD oil is also one of the best products offering exceptional benefits for your skin, hair and nails. If you're a fan of coconut oil you're going to absolutely love CBD oil as it has so many more benefits and whats more is that it is an all natural herbal plant based oil with virtually no side effects. CBD skincare products are said to have anti-aging, nourishing and repairing properties as well as being anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial. I have written other articles on what CBD actually is so if you don't know feel free to check those out too. Otherwise let's now take a look on how CBD skincare products can help you rejuvenate you skin and hair.
WHAT IS IN CBD SKINCARE PRODUCTS THAT IS SO GOOD FOR YOUR SKIN & HAIR?
CBD oil has a multitude of vitamins and minerals as well as essential fatty acids and amino acids. Here is a list of what CBD skincare products include:
Vitamins & Minerals
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin B12
Essential Fatty Acids
- Omega 3
- Omega 6
Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids
- Gamma linolenic acid (GLA)
- Stearidonic acid
- Oleic acid
As well as the above CBD oil also contains a high protein content of 20% which contains over 20 amino acids.
HOW CAN THE ABOVE HELP YOUR SKIN AND HAIR?
Let's take a look at how some of the above can help your skin and hair.
- Omega 3 & 6 – smoothes and firms skin, improves structure of skin cells, removes waste products from your body, helps generate elastin and collagen, prevents wrinkles and allows the skin to retain moisture, helps reduce the appearance of stretch marks and helps your skin feel silky smooth.
- Vitamin A - an anti-oxidant which helps grow healthy skin tissue.
- Vitamin C – is a building block of collagen that helps skin elasticity, skin tone and brightens skin giving you a healthy glow.
- Vitamin B6 – is a beneficial fatty acid that promotes firmer skin.
- Polyunsaturated fatty acids – specifically gamma linolenic acid and stearidonic acid. While not essential these can reduce the symptoms of atopic dermatitis and other skin conditions.
- Key amino acids – helps generate elastin and collagen, they prevent wrinkles and allow the skin to retain moisture, helps reduce the appearance of stretch marks.
- Antioxidants – Vitamin E, keratin, phytosterols, phospholipids - helps skin repair itself and correct visible damage.
- Chlorophyll - fights acne and clears up breakouts.
- Calcium - repairs ageing skin, self-replenishes skin.
- Magnesium - reduces acne and other skin disorders by lowering cortisol levels improves cellular processes and improves skins appearance.
- Sulphur - absorbs excess oil on the skin to help prevent acne and dries dead skin cells that helps unclog the pores in your skin.
- Potassium - enhances the moisture and feel of your skin and prevents hair loss.
- Iron - aids hair growth
- Zinc - reduces excess oil in your skin to prevent acne and unclogs pores, assists hair growth and repair
WHICH SKIN CONDITIONS CAN CBD SKINCARE PRODUCTS TREAT?
- Seborrheic dermatitis
- Patchy and flaky skin
- Itchy skin
- Fatty acids are important for nourishing and moisturising your skin.
- Use regularly for anti-aging benefits.
- Rejuvenates your skin for a more youthful glow.
- Provides Long lasting moisture for the skin.
- If you suffer from skin irritation it is naturally soothing for the skin plus the extra moisture helps with skin discomfort.
- Protects your skin from environmental factors so you can get rid of those fine lines and wrinkles.
- Lips are part of your bodies skin and need just as much protection as the rest of your body. Using CBD lip balm provides your lips with vitamin D which helps make your lips look smooth and lush.
- Hands- great for sensitive skin and will protect your hands from getting dry and damaged even in the cold winter months. CBD is high in Vitamin E and antioxidants both of which help to moisturise your hands while providing anti-aging benefits in addition the linoleic acid will help keep your skin supple and softer.
- Antibiotic and anti-fungal properties.
- anti-inflammatory sources of CBD- reduces muscle aches, reduces swelling and relieves body pain
- high levels of poly unsaturated fatty acid help to treat a range of skin conditions such as : eczema, psoriasis is caused by a deficiency of omega 6 and CBD provide omega 6 while oxygenating and hydrating the ski. The high omega 3 content of CBD helps prevent blood clots and varicose veins
- Vitamin E found in CBD oil helps to boost the UV defence of your skin while reducing the damage of free radicals
- Helps with skin elasticity and water retention
- Works like a normal cleanser on a damp face.
- The comedogenic rating of hemp oil is 0/5 which means that it won’t cause blackheads as it doesn’t block the pores of your skin.
- Those prone to spots, using CBD oil can soften pimple redness and prevent future breakouts.
- Acne is one of the skin conditions that takes advantage of the high levels of omega 3 in CBD oil.
- The vitamin D in CBD oil boosts elasticity and stimulates collagen which helps to promote radiant skin, reduces lines and dark spots.
- Scalp massages can improve blood circulation in the brain and head
- Using a CBD oil shampoo and conditioner can help thicken your hair and prevent dandruff.
- Reduces hair loss and treats common scalp infections.
- The vitamin E in CBD oil helps to prevent split ends.
- Keeps colours vibrant.
- Could even potentially prevent grey hairs.
- Zinc helps to strengthen your hair follicles and prevents hair loss.
- CBD shampoo can increase keratin creation so you have more resilient and stronger hair.
CBD OIL VS CONVENTIONAL PRODUCTS
- OIL ITSELF- all natural plant based oil while most conventional products originate from crude oil.
- Scent is natural, earthy and subtle whereas conventional products contain over 30 ingredients and have a heavy perfume scent as a result from chemicals.
- Impact it has on your skin- CBD oil products help to nourish your skin through a range of vitamins and minerals. Conventional products can often dry your skin and hair while causing a negative impact on the balance of microbes in your skin.
- Difference in the eco friendly nature of the products – CBD products are completely renewable while conventional products often have synthetic and toxic chemicals that are not eco friendly.
As you can see there are so many benefits that CBD skincare products could offer your skin and hair. There are so many CBD skincare products available to you such as creams, oils, bath bombs, tanning bronzer, beard oils, shampoos, conditioners, face masks, lotions, massage oils, muscle repair ointments and even tattoo healing cream, so there is something for everyone.
We'd love to hear from you about your experiences with CBD skincare products so please comment and let us know. If you'd like any assistance or further information please feel free to contact us.